Family Photo

Family Photo
Amber, her husband, their two boys and nephew.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Product Strategy Evolution

Hello again!

In my studies, I have been developing social media branding strategies for a local business called Silver Lake Campground and Lodge. This is a great family-owned and family-run business in the scenic lakes and mountains area of Maine. There is a campground where campers can rent daily, weekly, or seasonal tent or RV sites, as well as a fully-furnished lodge where anyone can reserve an overnight stay.

Photo by Amber Kirkwood 


The biggest challenge I have run into in my product strategy development up until this point is that I do not actually have any authority to make changes to the business's internet and social media presence. I am developing a comprehensive plan for the Lodge, and I will make suggestions backed up my research, but it is impossible to evaluate how my suggestions might change internet traffic, reservations bookings, or interest in the website, because I can not log in to their social media profiles and I do not have access to their analytics.

I am learning a lot about social media strategy and the theories that support an effective internet presence. Simply having a website is not enough - I have learned a great deal about the importance of utilizing what is known as the "Social Media Trinity," blogs, microblogs, and social networks.

One thing that a business should make a point to remain consistent upon across all of their various profiles is their tagline or slogan, and their logo. Keeping these things the same across all profiles is an easy way to signal internet users that they are in the right place.



The logo for Silver Lake Campground and Lodge is an image that captures the hand-painted sign that is located at the physical location of the business. This helps new visitors identify the location of the Lodge, which is helpful as the entrance would be otherwise inconspicuous.

This is how my product strategy is shaping up thus far. See my previous post to discover how my personal branding strategy is evolving

     Until next time!

          Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment